View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 15:22   Link #89
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

And we have a winner! Because of Yamamoto Yutaka, I expected this to be good, and it's even better than I hoped, at least through one episode. Yes, Yamakan is a genius.

And yes, Tomatsu Haruka is an excellent seiyuu: she has clearly watched Ichigo Mashimaro (echoes of Orikasa Fumiko, Chiba Saeko and Nabatame Hitomi) and Spice and Wolf (Koshimizu Ami's way of doing ancient speech). And she can sing. And maybe we have to give credit to sound director Kikuta Hiromi, too. She did shows like KgNE, Emma, and Daughter of Twenty-Faces, and if she had anything to do with some of the little vocal twists and turns in this show, she's brilliant.

Outstanding animation. A very good OP and ED. If this one keeps up this quality, it will be the Lucky Star or Suzumiya Haruhi of this season. Oh, wait, Yamakan was the creative force behind those shows, too. Naruhodo.

All this and Sawashiro Miyuki, too.

EDIT: I just took a look at 2channel, and this show seems to be taking off there. After the broadcast, there were 1000 posts within three hours.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-10-04 at 16:45.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote