View Single Post
Old 2008-10-08, 14:58   Link #1043
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Depends on the situation though. Red-White (NHK special New Year Programme) could have May'n since she is definitely a rising star in Japan. But since she is not quite a long-time figure in pop world... Well, let's hope for the best shall we?

Besides all her songs are from anime, so it would be hard for May'n to be included in that programme, which if I remember correctly have never used an anime song
That is not quite true (regarding anime songs). Case point:
Nakagawa Shouko (Shokotan) and the OP to Gurren Lagann "Sorairo Days" was performed on Red White last year. As much of a Shokotan fan I am, I have to admit that she doesn't sing half as well as May'n (it wasn't awful). How EPIC would it be to have May'n perform at Red White

I am sure there have been many occasions where Anime songs have been used, but this is the one example that jumped off the top of my head.

Also length of time in jpop world is a non-issue. See last year: Leah Dizon (oh my god that was awful). First year she debuted as a singer and she gets to go on Red White? What a disgrace. (She's hot, that's it. No singer she is)

In terms of CD sales, May'n is definitely right up there among the top-sellers/everyday Oricon/Red White regulars. Her only disadvantage is name recognition - your everyday folks might not necessarily recognize May'n.

If she can somehow pull this off, it will be absolutely HUGE for her in terms of career development. If I understand correctly, Horipro has considerable clout in the Japanese entertainment industry...I am sure they have recognized May'n potential and I think it would be to their advantage to pull some strings. How awesome would it be - a relatively unknown figure performs live on Red White and moves everyone to tears by her top-notch emotional performance and she becomes an instant phenomenon. What a story.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote