View Single Post
Old 2011-07-25, 14:29   Link #2882
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
As Waven said, it's a matter of taste. GE follows a bit more of a rational thread than KNIM, which I enjoy. Too much in KNIM just makes me go "WTF?", while at least in GE I can understand where the characters are coming from.
Naturally you're right that it's a matter of taste. But I have to chuckle and shake my head in disbelief when you're saying that the storyline of GE is more "rational" than KNIM. I can positively assure you that I've seen almost all story elements of KNIM in real life, around me. I also have no problem whatsoever in extrapolating the motivations of the characters, even though they tend to be less obvious compared to GE. This "WTF" factor only comes in if you refuse to acknowledge/accept the explanations because you DON'T LIKE THEM. That's actually a sign of realism, by the way. Then again, more power to you.

GE has a very simple storyline. All developments are slow, explicit and obvious. Very easy to follow. Unfortunately, I do have difficulties relating GE with own real life experiences. The story's foundation only works when an extremely unusual girl (Yuki) takes an extremely unlikely interest in a very uncommon type of guy (wet noodle extreme). Did you get to know a very emotionally mature beauty to coach a can't-harm-a-fly puppy dripping pure innocence out of every pore? And then to shy back due to prior emotional traumas? Really? Sorry, can't relate.

So - it's perfectly fine to prefer the GE storyline, character and storytelling. But I have big issues _particularly_ with the "realistic" angle, because IMHO, it's not. Not in the least. And I prefer to be angry at Haruto for being a dense jerk over howling in pain about Utsumi's puppy whining.

But - as you said - personal preference.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote