Thread: Taiyou no Ie
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-26, 02:34   Link #5
Sol Falling

Ch. 11 out. Seems to have resolved a couple things.

I was feeling a bit anxious about Mao's relationship with Chi before so it was really nice to not only see them talking again, but even getting a bit of sweet backstory. That part was great.

Regarding Mao's dad, I figured something like that was his motivation. I won't say the way he acted was sympathetic or excusable but I do understand his character. Certainly, by his actions he is hurting Mao but I'm not really satisfied by the conclusion of "just forget him, let Hiro take care of her". Somewhere down the line I do hope that he and Mao can genuinely patch things up.

As for the Mao/Hiro romance, it looks like it is pretty clearly moving forward now. At the very least, Mao's dream seems to confirm what she really wants. I haven't been totally behind the romantic aspect of this series far because it kind of feels like Mao has been conflating romantic feelings with her desire for a home/family...and to be honest I'm still thinking it's rather complicated, but let's just see where the story goes.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote