Thread: Hyouge Mono
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 21:44   Link #134
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I ran the Japanese description through Google Translate for that CD and got this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google Translate
Made a complete recovery, re-drive and deepening further evolution. challenge to break new ground in collaboration with "things Yuie to" comic release! your new album = cro-magnon (ape-man), the long-awaited three-piece engine that Japan boasts the world!
I'm guessing the part about a "complete recovery" has to do with the marijuana arrest. If you look at http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_c...?key=700091816 you'll see that Otsu was cancelled in May of 2011 then re-released in July. Cro-magnon has another 2012 album listed there and another due later this month. "things Yule to" appears to be Google's translation for "Hyouge Mono."

Do you know if the various pieces on Otsu are the actual compositions by Ôtani performed by Cro-magnon, or were they composed by the group and inspired by the characters?

In any event, I saw that item while searching, but as you know it is not what I'm looking for. Thanks for suggesting it.

I looked in the Chinese batch and those shorts you mentioned are included without any subs, even in Chinese. They looked quite interesting, though while watching I wondered whether they would be difficult to translate because they appear to cover technical information like glazes and such. Who knows, maybe they will get translated into English, too.

I've started over from the beginning and have re-watched the first two episodes. They're brilliant. I still love Nobunaga in his Portugeuse garb. Also in episode two he asks his three tea masters what they think of his enormous warships and Soueki tells Nobu that they lack something important. The crowd murmurs as they have just seen another man sliced to death before their eyes for displeasing Nobunaga. Soueki of course says they should be painted black. Nobunaga is so taken with the idea of fleets of death attacking the Mori clan that he promotes Soueki on the spot. And so it begins.

Update: I have a couple of the individual episodes from Koei. They include the associated short subject and a set of Chinese subs. For some reason I cannot find the equivalent subs in the batch release, but they do exist. There's an archive of all the subs, but looking at the texts they seem to apply to the full episodes. I cannot find the equivalent archive for the short subjects.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-12-09 at 22:21.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote