View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 16:43   Link #60
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
For the discussion of the defeat of the Giant Hornets, the arrows were undamaged and the dead were lumps of flesh. To be lumps of flesh, they either had to have been blown up by a bomb or destroyed with Cantor. However, as mentioned in the episode, a bomb would have damaged the arrows as well. Hence, the only option currently known left is that the fiend killed the Giant Hornets (unless the they took suicide drugs that blew them up from within).
Not quite. The anime made short of Kiroumaru's account of the events but I think he made it quite clear what happened on the battlefield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kiroumaru's survival story is a bit hard to swallow. He jumped right by the fiend, and into a ditch, and somehow survived? When everybody else in his tribe were killed?
For what it's worth, the anime over-dramatized this a bit. In the book Kiroumaru says he was 20-30 meters away from the kid so it's not like he was literally right next to him. 20-30 meters is not very far but it's not very close either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Who needs fiends when you have a Psychobuster?
But then, it's just as dangerous to bakenezumi as it is to humans. If I was Squealer (or a human for that matter) I wouldn't feel safe knowing that I have such a thing in my vicinity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Best part? The "messiah" who seems to have had near omniscient knowledge of humans that were anywhere remotely close to him doesn't kill this one human right in his territory, surrounded and discovered as he was.
For what it's worth, this was the anime not making things clear.
Spoiler for book:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Tokyo? Guess freaking Japanese cartoons always have to have Tokyo somewhere. All plots lead to Tokyo and such.
Just like how American movies are fond of including the US somewhere... :3

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-03-03 at 19:11. Reason: Oops, I misread a sentence.