View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 18:48   Link #998
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
If you did, then I didn't see it; my apologies. But I've made a few post responses to you that you didn't reply to. I just figured you didn't have time.
Ok, fair enough. Apology accepted.

Instead of re-hashing old arguments, I've decided I'm going to try to work outside the box. Let's look at some scenes that haven't been discussed much at all when it comes to the movie, and see if any of them are expendable.

Here's an idea:

In the movie, at approximately 2:24:28, we see a brief scene of Chrono and Lindy (joined by Fate, Alph, and... that girl with a crush on Chrono) gathered around the grave of Chrono's father. At least, I'm pretty sure that's his grave. This scene ends at 2:24:41. So yes, it is a very brief scene.

Instead of ending here, cut out what comes after - Hayate meeting up with her Doctor, and Nanoha revealing her magical truth to Suzuka and Arisa. That all ends at 2:25:40. That gives us an extra minute.

Hayate meeting up with her Doctor is a nice bit, but I'm confident we'd agree it's pretty expendable. Nanoha revealing the truth to Suzuka and Arisa is, in my view, pretty important. I think it deserves more than what it received here. However, I think the best solution might be to have this be a significant part of the next film since we now know it's coming.

From 2:23:34 to 2:24:01 there are scenes focusing on Shamal... and a bunch of soldiers that I don't even know. Not a bad scene, but surely expendable. So there's an extra 20 to 30 seconds.

Add this extra minute and a half to the Chrono/Lindy grave-site scene. Give them some dialogue. Let there be some smiles and tears.

If we need a bit more, shave a minute or two off of the lengthier action scenes. Or shave a minute off of the Lotus Eater Dream. I like it being there, but it could be shorter.

If we need even more than that... Cut the Nanoha/Fate training scene. While it was amusing, it's the one scene focusing on just Nanoha and Fate that I personally would probably miss the least if it was removed. I honestly really loved the scenes of Fate in school.

What do you think, Kaijo? Does this give you enough to have the added Lindy/Chrono focus that you want?

My point is that you don't necessarily need to trim any Fate or NanoFate (well, aside from maybe the training scene, and a touch less Lotus Eater Dream) in order to get what you want for Lindy/Chrono.