View Single Post
Old 2021-05-08, 11:34   Link #239
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I just finished reading Re; and caught up with the Re;surrection manga. I really like how they connect with other works like Renya, Lancelot and Gawain, and apparently Oz of the Reflection too.
However, I've been wondering if these works are considered canon. The Re;surrection movie is canon to the Movie Timeline. However, Re; and the Re;surrection manga seem to take place in the TV series timeline. Thus, I'm wondering if they're considered part of the canon TV series timeline, or if they're just side works with no canon status whatsoever.

I really liked how Re; fleshed out the events of Zero Requiem. Personally, I would have preferred had the manga also shown Lelouch's days as an Emperor after he conquered the World. Anyway, I liked how the ending connects with the Re;surrection manga. As for that manga, I've enjoyed how it's been handling the events much better than the movie. It's given us a better view of the world so far, and we've seen a more fleshed out Suzaku and Nunnally. It's also given us some answers regarding Lelouch's Code, which the movie didn't show at all.
This is why I enjoy reading the Manga as well. It fills in the gaps left by the movie, due to time limitations. I wish that Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection was made into a TV show than a movie. When the latter was going to be made, I decided to skip the movie as it would not cover as much as a TV series would acheive in 26 episodes.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote