Thread: Licensed Towa no Kuon (BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-04, 17:21   Link #97
DangerMouse

Loved the first part and the fully-high-tech setting to go with the powers, thought they did a nice job getting me to like the characters quickly and you guys weren't kidding about the gorgeous visuals. Glad this finally got subbed. As to the earlier conversation topic, while the awakening powers/protection general story isn't currently anything "new" yet, I think they've executed it really well and it doesn't feel cliche at all, just familiar, and all the little touches sprinkled around like the tech, the bracelets, the really advanced cyborg tech etc. adds some nice touches to add more to it.

Agreed ars89, they got me really interested in Quon's character and history.

As well as the questions about the antagonist group and the cool cyborg designs and their cool armor. I also really liked how Quon's other form looked while it was kicking butt (his running henshin sequence was damn cool too neatly animated).

The soundtrack is so bought too, I should have known with Kenji Kawai I was going to love the soundtrack but I'd momentarily forgotten he was going to be composing this until I started watching.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-09-04 at 18:34.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote