Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-15, 19:36   Link #2997
cedec0

Hi again,

just wanted to point out that a DECENT translation of Achiga-hen ch19 is out (no Daxing Dan):

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sa...of_side_a_ch19

;--------------------------------

From this new translation:

(Page 76)

Coach Harue: "Shizu... Those three players... can you climb their mountains?"

Coach Harue: "Have you made your way through to the furthest spot?"

(Page 78)

Shizu (standing at the furthest spot): "I can see it all!"

In other words, Shizu has "climbed the mountains" (mastered/understood the playstyles) of her opponents all the way to "the furthest spot" and can now "see it all". Shizuno is about to become a monster and this semi-final is going to end in a massacre.

;--------------------------------

Also, I am totally confused as to why some people can't accept the idea of Shizu as a monter mahjong player. For example:

Quote:
I'm not a hater, and I don't mind Shizu-fans being happy that Shizu got *awesome* power, but her being a monster? Nu uh, she's far from that title dearie.

I thought Shizu being a Saki-level monster was always a given. Just look at the logo for the Achiga-hen anime:

(How can that shadow not be a monster player?)

Everything in the series points to Shizu being a monster:

1) She is the main character and focus of Achiga-hen (look at image above). How many animes/mangas have you seen where everyone EXCEPT the main character is awesome?

2) Koromo warnings about Shizuno. Kuromo knows how strong Saki is better than anyone, would she really bother mentioning Shizu unless she was something trully special?

3) Coach Harue decision to place Shizu last in the team order and her complete confidence in Shizu despite her opponents ridiculous powers.

If Shizu isn't a monster that can give Saki a run for her money, then what was the point of Achiga-hen? Sixteen episodes and twenty manga chapters to introduce an opponent Saki wipes the floor with in finals? Why base an entire side-arc around a player who turns out to lame and pathetic? This makes absolutely no sense.

Last edited by cedec0; 2013-02-15 at 20:30.
cedec0 is offline   Reply With Quote