View Single Post
Old 2012-02-13, 18:21   Link #6
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/...uide/Guide.png

Check your budget category and you'd have enough left to spend on a soundcard.

It depends if OP knows and wants to OC, the problem then is that he needs the right cooler added to his list. Phenom's are cheap, a lot cheaper then Intel but remember the market for them is rather unknown since AMD is stepping out of the market and has not released anything on what they are going to do. An i5 can suffice the more latest games if you ever decide to play anything higher.
It all depends on budget if you ask me, if it fits get an i5 of not get Phenom, that is what I did.

The new amd cards are already out, the Nvidea will come out in April and witht he games you listed Sli and xfire is def not needed. The new Nvidea cards are quite expensive though.

Couple of tips; buy a good brand psu of enough wattage, no need to go overkill unless you regularly upgrade your hardware. So 750 watt is not needed.

You said a minimum of 2gb, think at least 4 and since ram is very cheap right now I would just go for 8 just for the heck of it. Don't be retarded buying 16gb.

No need to read 3 books on building a pc, no need to do it naked either. There are youtube video's that show how to build it and if you still have no clue read your mobo manual.
Remember to use stand offs (somehow some people forget it) and the 6pin psu cable =p lastly dat sound when you install new RAm on a new mobo, you'll hear it but don't worry about breaking your stuff lmao.
Buying stuff 2nd hand is not always a bad idea if you know where to buy it and know who you buy it from; I got my second handed parts from graphics design companies, gamers and an electronics shop; gpu, psu and case. Don't buy harddrives online 2nd hand, nor anything else basically.

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2012-02-13 at 18:59.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote