View Single Post
Old 2008-05-20, 15:50   Link #459
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I never said you said it would only be her, the purpose of my remark was to take note of the fact that her relevance increase purely from the Geass side wouldn't be as large as it was in, say, Season 1. I am simply putting out a contrast.
Obviously, but that doesn't mean she won't get a large role. She is still one of the main characters in this anime.

Quote:
Such as? Most everything has already been covered that doesn't involve things she doesn't remember herself. And again, anything in her past related to Geass can also, again, be revealed by V2 as he did in S1.
Her identity? How did she end up as witch? What is it that she wants? Character development?

Quote:
Stronger is fine, but there's no indication that it will evolve further or mimic anything that may have occured in S1. Stronger may mean he can simply geass more people at once. One thing I can almost guarantee not happening is him aquiring the ability to geass more than once; that's the limit on his ability and changing that is a rather skeptical manuever. So, while it can become stronger, there's no real evidence to suggest it will do anything radical as in S1.
This is why I said we do not know what will happen once it becomes stronger. All we can do is speculate, but we barely have anything to base those speculations on.

Quote:
We also had another season so episode 13 wasn't late; we don't have said luxury and as such, we can't assume the same timescale. Given only 18 more episodes, developments akin to Mao need occur much sooner than they did in S1. And, if I recall correctly, we had hints prior to Mao about Geass's ability to become something more powerful.
Did we know there would be a season 2 back in the first episodes (I'm asking since I never looked at all these kinds of information back then)? Also, I do not remember any important hint before Mao's appearance. Anyhow, we do not need another Mao. We haven't even reached the half of the season to see what will happen with Lelouch's Geass. C.C. hinted it'll become stronger; let's see what happens.

Quote:
I'd imagine those mysteries will continue to fall into place as they have been, sporadically through the episodes. I do not expect to see the plot ever shift anywhere near entirely from Lelouch's Battle to the secrets of Geass. They're a nice addition to the plot, but this story is about Lelouch's battle mainly, and the geass as a side dish. This isn't Lelouch and the Mysterious Geass. It's Lelouch of the Rebellion, for whatever a series' title is worth. So, again, I do not see their importance or screen time dropping given the actual plot of the story.
Isn't the name of the anime Code Geass (which, technically, started when a mysterious girl gave Lelouch that power)? That, and, all these battles are not as important as the Geass and all the mysteries around it. Lelouch started this rebellion precisely because of those mysteries.

Obviously, at the beginning, we'd get information little by little, but at this point, when the mysteries should be solved, I do not think that will happen.