View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 20:44   Link #1073
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Yeah, talking about that episode would totally be like, totally 悪い、ね (lol). I think you're right, though: what they're trying to do is give him that "protagonist vibe" (like you said), and establish some differences-of-opinion between him and the rest of the Altair high command.

Beyond that, though, there's a bit of a writer's checkmate: it's too soon for him to win fights against Neo-Deava (or capture Mikono, etc.), so he's going to keep getting beat. The writers try to mitigate that by putting him up against Schrade, but because of the way Schrade's design it doesn't necessarily work (he doesn't seem tough even though we're told he's the strongest). They could've shown more of him being #1 on Altair, except that that's also out, because they want to preserve Altair's mystery for the time being. Interesting situation, and one of the few snags I've seen this show run into so far (and it's a minor one at that).

The reason Kagura kept losing I think, is because he keeps getting side-tracked by Mikono's scent, and for whatever reason he just can't focus on anything else.

Try picturing the final scene from King Kong, where Kagura is the beast and Mikono is the beauty, and the three vectors are the planes If he's ever going to die, that's how it's gonna happen
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote