View Single Post
Old 2012-07-28, 22:20   Link #2212
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
The "summon enemies"-thing might be a mechanic of the world instead. He himself just qualified as a reason enough to make a Heretic God to descend. But I admit "Making a Heretic God descend" would make for one heck of an authority, although "difficult to use".

The instant mastery might just be due to him being a god in general. Mind you, Godou right now can trash professional baseball players like it's nothing, too. As a human he had reached his limit, though, on a way, way lower level. If Verethragna has a similar foundation plus tons of experience and competitiveness it explains his sudden mastery. The rest can be attributed to the Youth-incarnation.

But I kind of do want to see how an "instant mastery"-authority plays out in combat.

Yeah, but Godou's "10 in 1"-authority is a super-rare exception. Usually you only get one ability. A Campione always gets a skill that's useful to him. Since Godou can have the girls fill in for his weaknesses, he can use the ten forms, so he got them. Had Salvatore defeated Verethragna instead, he might have gotten only the golden sword, without limit and restrictions in use.
I thought the mastery is already a def set since he's nearly, or probably is, an all rounder depending on types. if thats the case, Godou can probably achieve weapon mastery with any weapon given to him, probably replicating a god's combat skill.