View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 18:55   Link #33
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Well with the amount of hype that Little Busters and Key games get in general, this episode was pretty generic as anime go IMO, with the masterpiece level hype it gets, it's no wonder people will be disappointed, I definitely empathize. Watching anime that is just acceptable is something I'll do when I'm bored, something I've been looking forward to for years should be something special. It's quite obvious high expectations should be toned down.

The show is a mix of comedy and drama, yes. Mostly drama. Baseball is a theme as well. But as the first episode would suggest, Little Busters isn't exactly a sports anime. I.E. If baseball bothers you, don't mind it so much, if you're just here for the baseball, you 'll probably be disappointed.
Yep, that are my feelings toward the show after episode one. Generic. And the bold line fits quite perfectly. I asked to be sure, because with all the hype it got I thought I was missing something, but apparently not. Anyways if I have to point something out it is the overall comedic tone that worries me, too much comedy turns down the drama that eventually will come, for me. Oh well, probably simply it's not my cup of tea.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.