View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 11:30   Link #57
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Well, TheFluff have a point, my brothers eventually grew out of anime style drawing because their styles needed to evolve, and being influenced exclusively by anime is NOT the way to be (Edit: I will name the "same face" syndrome that many manga artists suffers from, while westerners tries to make their characters' facial features different). Few manga artists ever meet critical respect from those in art circles, as far as I know, only Hirohiko Araki have had the honor to have his art featured in a french museum. And when that guy got commissioned a comic by the staff of one of the most important museums of France, and the world, you know how much of a big deal it is.

Chiibi, I think that you need to look out more, curiosity and broadening your tastes is not going to kill you. Try to do like some of us does, look at everything and take the best out of everything. Because otherwise, you turn out no better than some of the oldef@gs who thinks that turning back the clock and stop it at their decade of choice is being for the best. I like the 1980s as much as those who grew up in that time period, but no way I gonna trade my broadband internet, android smartphone, easy availability of anime and collection of anime figurines for the possibility to watch my vintage anime at their premieres.

Last edited by Sheba; 2012-03-17 at 12:08.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote