View Single Post
Old 2008-05-03, 15:30   Link #317
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I had a question about converting, by that meaning from MKV to AVI to burn on DVD
last time i tried to convert a MKV to AVI, well two times i want to discuss.. (this wa sin like 2005 )
1. I was using Virtual Dub to split the subs and film, but afterwards the ripped file of the film got so big that I wasn't even able to complete it..
second time i was using Riverpast i think it was, you could just select your audio stream, video stream and subs and it would change that to an AVI (at that time i was rendering a OGM file) but the quality went to horrible..

I know this is all old talk but I want to get started again with the process of changing MKV -> AVI, i hear a lot of prgram talk going on as well but what of those programs (unlike those i used in the past) is able to keep up with the MKV HD like quality without oversizing the file (like Virtual Dub likes to do) and is easy to use.. no rip audio and video first then paste them together with another program while following a complicated guide to do so
I'm asking this because I don't want to be testing out 5 different programs because of above factors and it is for MKV -> AVI, i know how to make DVD's from that point on

reasonf or asking is because the posted guide on the first page changes the file to NTSC format while I live in Europe where we all play PAL

Last edited by -KarumA-; 2008-05-04 at 09:54.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote