View Single Post
Old 2007-02-24, 22:27   Link #122
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In Despair
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Yuuichi can redeem himself by doing his best to support Nayuki and Akiko; deep down, he knows that they are more important than some girl he met 7 years ago and dated for a few days.

But I agree; if he ditches them to pursue Ayu, he really is a terrible person.

The previews aren't promising, but I'll give KyoAni the benefit of the doubt until episode 22 actually comes out. I refuse to believe that they'll make such a horrendous mistake.
I dunno, pal. You're effectively saying that Nayuki's plight is worse than Ayu's plight, and therefore if he wasn't such a "horrible person", he'll support Nayuki. I cannot agree with that statement; not because I disagree with the opinion (nor that I support it in any way, for that matter), but because a statement like that is very much subjective. It's an opinionated topic, if I may say so myself; as many different perspectives as there are people, you know what I mean?

I'm personally sitting on the fence for this one, but I'd really appreciate it if you'll stop making absolute statements like "such a horrendous mistake" on such topics which have no absolute fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
5) I dont see what's wrong with that, besides it wasn't even close to similar in terms of purpose. Kyon's = Shock due to wtf, while Nayuki's apparently shows fear.
Yes, I know Kyon's facial contortion is more WTF than Nayuki's fear, but my point isn't the context, my point is the near-identical frames involved. In fact, I was thinking "Why is Nayuki showing the WTF face?" even before I thought of Kyon in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
6) Ayu's suppose to be the one who came up with the school idea.
I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
9) Well, considering Nayuki was already in her own room......
Doesn't change the fact that she's still on the floor. And besides, since she was already in her own room, it shouldn't have been too hard for Yuuichi to just pick her up and set her on the bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody Nightingale View Post
10) Recall from ep01, Ayu initially starts with left hand, but tries to use her right hand instead since it is the proper way. So considering that, its nothing wrong about Ayu getting used to extending her right hand to U1.
Yes, like I said, it could be yet another of KyoAni's subtle signs of Ayu and Yuuichi getting more intimately familiar with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar84 View Post
On topic: Loved the episode, can't get enough of Nayuki's NYUUUU
And yet you're the only one who gutter-voted this time round?!

You're one of those who takes the "Painful" description literally, don't you?! *lands a 100 ton hammer on fubar84's head*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I can't speak for other religions, but first cousin marriages are valid in Christianity. Does anyone know what other major religions have to say about first cousin marriages?
In fact, if I may make a point, cousin marriages were prevalent in the higher stratas of European society at one time; it's basically what royal marriages between the ruling nobles of different countries were all about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvianWing View Post
I don't think there's any religion that forbids the marriage of first cousin, it's only established by tradition. The only thing I can come up with is the Chinese culture of not marrying a person with the same last name (I pity all then Chens out there )
That's not even adhered to that strictly, nowadays. I should know, my own parents are an example of such a union.
Ascaloth is offline