View Single Post
Old 2013-09-20, 14:38   Link #8898
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
You want to talk logic and reasons? Okay, fine, I'll dissect this shit piece by piece why Chihiro will win. First of all lets put all of the girls Keima interacted with during this series and slowly cut them out.

-All of the girls that currently have zero memories (love) or are too far away from Keima is out due to them not even knowing him (or least not enough)
(This list includes Mio, Jun, Minami, Rieko, Sumire, Nanaka, Hinoki)

-The Devils and Goddesses are out because the last thing we need from this series is the argument of whether or not species from different realms breeding is allowed
(This list includes Elsea, Haqua, Akari, Nora, Diana, Apollo, Vulcan, Mars, Minerva, Mercury)

The hosts (save Tenri) is out due to them being on equal footing. Keima has equal reasons to choose one of them over the others meaning in the end it won't be fair to choose one from the group. Also lets not forget that the host loses their memories after the Goddesses leave. This will end up putting them in the first group.
(This list includes Ayumi, Kanon, Shiori, Tsukiyo and Yui)

Now I'm putting Kusunoki in a special wildcard spot since she has memories of Keima as a person due to Hinoki's capture. (But I doubt she'll win in the end since she has zero appearances lately)

The only ones left is Chihiro and Tenri. Tenri has shown very good signs lately but I am giving the winner spot to Chihiro because she stands for the "reality" of this series. In the end this story is about Keima's ideal vs reality. The game world or the real. Chihiro is the real since she is not special, she is not involved in this whole mess. Keima even says that out load when Chihiro asks if there is something in her. This is Wakaki's way of telling us that Chihiro is a normal average person through and through.

Basically if Keima chooses Chihiro he has the chosen the real, which in honestly is what I think this series in heading into. Choosing Chihiro not because of her as a person but because what she stands for in this series.
-Chihiro was already invlolved in the whole mess, her getting back with Keima kinda of ruins her "temporary" shining moment(non-normal characterization) of bidding her crush a good bye on that concert stage.

-breeding between demons and humans is taboo/looked down on, addressed by the author in a Q & A before i believe, should be same/implied for goddesses

-Chihiro can repsent normality rather then reality from a diffrent perspective

-Aside for yokkun, all the girls are part of reality, because the real world(in the twgok world), do have goddesses and demons, and special characther traits.

-Imo chihiro represent Keima abandoning is otaku self and being more normal she arguably like his personality but bashes his gaming and tastes, and Tenri represents a compromise (she accepts his otaku self, while Chihiro insults it)

-The other girls don't know much about personal Keima, but thats where character development can play in.

-Rather then say your wrong on a definitive Chihiro route, I'd say it's just open to interpretation and individual persepctive regarding your points.

Btw im part of the as long as its not Chihiro(because of her dramatic farewell song) and Elsie(cause i Don't like her as potential mate) faction.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote