View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 11:47   Link #7
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
It's good to see you back 4Tran.
Thanks. I'm not sure how much I'll be posting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Various
Aoi Hana - great yuri anime

Cross Game
Aoi Hana
Summer Wars
Eden of the East
Spice and Wolf Season 2

Kimi ni Todoke - Personally one of my favorite shoujo titles, with such a surperb adaptation by Projuction IG. Not sure if this will be your kind of show, tho
Cross Game - Without a doubt the best show of the past year. Solid romance, with A+ story telling.
Aoi Hana - A beautiful yuri tale. I recommend reading the manga after you've done with.

Another worthwhile recent show from that series is Tokyo Magnitude 8.0; I don't know whether you stopped watching before that was released.

One other series you might enjoy is Kemono no Sou-ja Erin, based on another light novel by the author of Moribito. It may look like a kids' show, but when you get to episode six or so, you'll see that there's a lot more going on in this story. Though it's available on Crunchyroll, I'd recommend watching the excellent subs by Static.
These are all good suggestions, and I've either watched them in part or in entirety. The exception is Summer Wars, and I'll be watching that right after I finish my Kon Satoshi marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Various
Arakawa Under the Bridge - not the best show ever, but funny and an episode a week was nice

Bakemonogatari - One of the most popular shows from last year here on AS, and really does have the content to back it's self up. A great treat of a series.

By the way, given that you place Azumanga Daioh so high on your list, have you ever watched any of Hidamari Sketch? It's not quite so goofy as AD can be, but it does bring a smile to your face and warmth to your heart. The SHAFT/Shinbo stylings don't dominate the landscape in this show the way they can in some of their other productions.
I'm afraid that SHAFT and I don't get along any more. The first Hidamari Sketch series was the last SHAFT show that I didn't have much reservation for, and I think that I've had my fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
I'll just recommend stuff from 20009 on...

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - a good remake of the original manga, I'm still taking my time watching it. the manga storyline is way better than the original anime's
I've heard some good things about this show. I've watched about halfway through the first series, and I dropped it because I didn't find the characters engaging enough. Is Brotherhood still recommended under such circumstances?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Working!! - a bit uneven, but great when it was great
Is the main draw for this show comedy, character interaction/dialogue, plot or drama? And of those, what is it that makes Working!! so appealing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Well specifically for anime that started in 2009 and 2010:

Tatami Galaxy
I'm interested. Can you tell me more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'll toss House of Five Leaves into the list. As an older viewer, I liked it more than its Noitamina companion, Tatami Galaxy.
What are its best qualities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
For me, only two anime are worth in the long run these last years. Tatami Galaxy and FMA Brotherhood. All the rest are passable or not memorable in the longrun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Frankly I've been pretty unimpressed with what has been produced in the past year or so.
That's too bad. It's especially sad that there seem to be so very few shows that started in 2010. Well, thanks for all the suggestions!