View Single Post
Old 2012-07-12, 15:24   Link #39
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I don't know, I don't buy the whole "Tatsuya died and Touma is his son who was adopted" thing simply because I don't think it'd be a good thing to do. You announce it as a sequel of your most famous work and then proceed to reveal that, unlike what you previously thought, after all the pain the Touch couple went through they weren't allowed to live a long and happy life together? I... don't want that to happen, honestly.

However, with the ace's shirt Otomi found and Touma's undeniable talent for pitching, it does seem like Adachi is trying to lead the readers into thinking that Touma isn't the "old man's" son, at the very least. Which doesn't necessarily mean he has to be related to Tatsuya, of course, and if he is, I'd rather have some sort of connection that doesn't involve Tatsuya (or Minami) for that matter facing some sort of terrible fate.

Then again, it's not like Hiro's father ever seemed to be great at anything other than being a funny old guy, and yet Hiro was one of the most amazing pitchers around, so it's not like genetic and what not has been very important in Adachi's works

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
chibi!Otomi and chibi!Touma... HHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG
That was a really great moment.