View Single Post
Old 2013-12-19, 02:15   Link #634
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
As I have mentioned many times before, I hope they do a better focus on the bus crash scene and the actual bus crash happening than the VN. That was the weakest part for me. I had known about the ending for years before I played the game. So when it did happen, this part felt very underwhelming to me.

I agree with you. The crash scene should have paid more attention to the state of the girls.

There are some ways to improve the Post-crash scene itself too. Since some students actually regained consciousness during the rescue, helping Riki accomplish the goal of saving everyone, they could wake at least a few of the Little Buster's girls in time - I'm also curious to know whether there was an equivalent to Kengo and Masato among the girls , who shielded someone else at the cost of greater injury to herself- Kurugaya is the most likely candidate. That's of course, assuming that the girls all were in the Little Busters, even before the crash, and a variant of the Common Route did take place.

The thing is , it's the girls that gave Rin the push and the determination to aid Riki in the rescue. Hopefully, JC Staff makes intelligent changes with that in mind, else Episode Rin is cheapened, because Rin's first priority is doubtlessly to rescue her female friends. Bluntly speaking, if it's Komari and random person X, she would go for Komari first, that's why Rin's forcing herself to overcome her weakness in the first place, and disprove Riki's assessment of Rin being a liability, which was Riki's initial justification for running away.

I suspect, at least, Komari and Rin had prior history with one another even before the crash - as did Haruka and Kurugaya, even if none of them were in the Little Busters. I wonder whether the crash could be used to shed some of the dynamics between the girls, in the Real World too. And there was a generic "female class mate helped" . My eyebrows raised - we have a good proportion of the girls in Riki's class in the group - if they wanted to do a DEM , they might as well go all the way and wake some of them up.

Last edited by novalysis; 2013-12-19 at 04:24.