View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 13:54   Link #299
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Careful there, youre almost sounding like youre baiting just to bait. Sounds like you wanted to argue either way on the subject no matter who replied.

I agree with Larthak, changes made for the sake of changing arent normally viewed as a good thing.
I didn't say anything about making the change for the sake of change! Can you and Larthak please stop trying to poke me with this. I even asked if there was any other discussion on the subject, and also brought arguments of why it is bad and doesn't work. I also asked what the reasoning behind it was, and I've yet to hear anyone do anything more then avoid the question.

Quote:
Again if its not broke dont fix it and like Solace pointed out itll probably be more complicated for the counters.
A broken clock is right 2 times a day, so why fix it right?

Well, "is harder for the counters" the only problem you all have? (not sarcasm)

Quote:
If we had tons of ties every month, I might suggest we change the current format
Hint 1: there's almost always 3 people competing for 1st.
Hint 2: we have so-called "ninja voting"

Quote:
but we dont and why after over a year and half (maybe even more since I dont remember when SOTM started) bring this up now?
What do you mean? What's wrong with "the now"? For all we know the contest will run for many more years; no reason not to fix it. This entire phase takes a good chunk of the schedule too and is arguably just as important as everything else. If there's a pothole in the road do you think there's some time frame after which it's illegal to fix it? I don't understand.

Quote:
Are you really comparing SOTM to the Electoral College? I think that actually has more flaws then SOTM voting.
Electoral what? But anyway, name those flaws (and how the current system in SotM doesn't have them). I've yet to hear any good non-subjective reason behind choosing 3; given that's really the only difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak
Well then, try some research. Doesn't seem like most participants are even interested enough to join this discussion so far (though it's still early). We can talk here all we want, but that won't help much. How about poking a few SOTM regulars' profiles, asking for their opinion? You know, if you're that serious about it. =)
There's a reason why some people here are called "contest organizers".