View Single Post
Old 2011-06-28, 16:35   Link #3
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Suzahu is pretty badass, though I'm not sure if she's more badass than Moeka, who dodges a bullet at point blank range by tilting her head.

I do wonder at her real reason for traveling back in time and oh so conveniently getting a job right next to Okarin though. I'm not going to call her a liar, and in fact I think she's been the most refreshingly honest person in the entire show, but I very much doubt she traveled back in time simply to meet her father. That sounds rather frivolous.

The most obvious, yet satirical, answer is she's a Terminator send back to protect Okarin. It would explain why she gets the job where she did. That said, that analogy only really works if one of two things are true:

1) She wants to change the future. I'm not sure she does though, as she's been pretty restrained, especially concerning one subject we know she has strong feelings about: Kurisu.

2) More in line with Terminator, there are other time travelers who have been sent back to harm Okarin in some way. I'm not sure I've seen anything to indicate this.

Or, she really could be innocently sent back in time to see her father, but knew Okarin from the future so out of nostalgia took a job near him. Then, gets emotionally attached, despite her soldier training, and starts interfering when she shouldn't have, hence the blurting out that Kurisu is a spy (I'm pretty sure she isn't, but it's possible she becomes one at some point in Suzahu's past), and helping Okarin out in episode 13, after initially leaving them to their fate.

I guess time will tell.

Edit: I got the strong hint that there was someone else off-camera on the rooftop with Suzahu in episode one outside the "satellite" aka probably time machine, which if true, would mean she may have come back in time with someone else. I wonder who that person may be, and what they've been doing all this time.