View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 18:50   Link #51
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Honestly I find this is a typical defensive fanboy reaction which is completely unnecessary.

When you drag things out, the flow of the story isn't going better it's going worse. The opposite is also true. I've noticed Oga likes to drag things out and I think lots of One Piece arcs suffer because of this.
It would be interesting to see how the One Piece would have looked like if Oga could complete each arc in its entirely before publishing it.

First off, I think you meant Oda.

Secondly, I think you misunderstood me somewhat, because I'm not a fan of dragged-out arcs, either. Heck, I've always felt the whole Enies Lobby arc would have been a lot better if Oda cut out about half the chapters that focused on unnecessary fighting (like Luffy fighting against thousands of fodder marines solo, for instance).

I'm not championing the series progressing at a snail's pace, but I just don't get the complaints about a single chapter being focused on the drugged kids. I could understand if it were like.... say, something like 3-5 chapters (which WOULD be dragging things out, I wholeheartedly agree), but I sorta can't help but feel that anyone making so much fuss over ONE chapter needs some ritalin or something.....