View Single Post
Old 2008-06-01, 10:33   Link #93
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
Well it is unclear whether or not Hakuoro woke up from my understanding. I've heard people imply he is the wind (ie the God) and I've heard people suggest he does or does not wake up. It is widely open to fan interpretation. It also makes me hope for a sequel, though perhaps that's far fetched and wishful thinking.

If he did wake up, then maybe things changed. We don't know how much time has passed since he was sealed...perhaps that atmosphere recovered--nature is resilient. That's mostly idle speculation but a possibility. We do know he eradicated humans. Supposed the mecha-suits were how humans were able to survive previously.

The creature itself we know very little about...the one scientist suggest it is the missing like between humans and monkeys...and says perhaps without it, we wouldn't have evolved (assuming you believe in evolution). Personally, I feel like it was a dormant deity...and the blood bonded it to him. He was killed because humans weren't "ready" to know the truth of their origins potentially. We do know it had crazy magical abilities...both destructive and restorative. Early myths from the Greeks, Egyptians, and beyond the world talk about such beings. The mask seems little more than a representation that he was linked to it.

It seemed like Hakuoro the man was the host to the entire thing. Nothing more than the vessel, his name isn't even important. When Mikoto was killed, he split into two parts--good and evil isn't exactly right, but rather vengeful and despair. Both sides wanted to be praised...or loved I guess...revered maybe is a better word yet. They just went about it in different ways. Dii's half seemed to think it was cyclical...that it would continue to go on for all eternity. Hakuoro decided to end the suffering.

The theory on him returning in the ending is, that it is just Hakuoro the man--he's given up the being he was the host for. It is just inconclusive.

Urotorii's race certainly knew more about it. It's tough to say if it was because the ruins were in their country or they relied on magic or they simply were more aware of the cycles.
Telmah is offline   Reply With Quote