Thread: Anime Expo
View Single Post
Old 2004-07-08, 18:39   Link #82
KristopherZ
Car Freak

Send a message via AIM to KristopherZ Send a message via MSN to KristopherZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
...you do know that a very large chunk of Comic Con is anime, right?
i think last year the floor was basically split into "anime" and "not anime", and the anime section was crowded as hell (plenty of people on the "not anime" side, but they mostly flocked around the movie booths and such)
it's definately worth the trip
I don't know, one of my closest friends Sam tried to persuade to go to this years Comic Con (if it already passed, put "had tried") but there was/still is some hesitancy on my part because it is well known that there is a huge split between American Comic book fans and Japanese comic book fans and I really hate dealing with those elitist american comic book fans that think that american comics are the end all be all. I have enough problems as it is dealing with fellow anime fans (some are just too wierd to carry a real conversation with them) so as you can imagine I am in no place to talk with comic book fans.

Also I would like to mention that with AX there was no hesitancy because I knew that everywhere there are anime fans and no other, with other conventions there is the possibility of "other".

Also on other news....AX 2004 made it on the top of the page in anime news network

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=5189
KristopherZ is offline   Reply With Quote