View Single Post
Old 2009-08-28, 21:46   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
I'm sorry, what is your interpretation of the reason he goes through that door? To die?
Hi! Is this a trick question? Did I miss something? Look what you've done! You are making me doubt myself. What I personally think about Araragi has already been covered by Senjougahara in episode 5. Why Araragi went through the door here in this episode has been stated by Araragi himself when Oshino posed the similar question (like yours) to him. Why does he feel the need to help someone to such extend? Here is what Senjougahara said in episode 5 which pretty much sums up my thought about why he walked through the door, and why he would do it over and over again if he had to:
"I've finally realized something about you, Araragi-kun. You came calling for me the same day you found out about my problem. Why I wonder? Perhaps you helped me because it was me. But that wasn't the case. Nope, it wasn't the case at all. Araragi-kun will, in fact, save anyone in need."
Did I answer your question? If not, please clarify so I can take another shot. I should also warn you that I'm wrong a lot more than I'm right. In fact, I'm hardly ever right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Was thinking the same after watching this episode. Is she truly the best suited one for him to the degree to be able to make him happy?
Yes... She likes him for the very reason that makes him so unusual and so abnormal. However, Senjougahara isn't exactly normal either. Remember in episode 3 what she proposed to him that she would help him in anyway she could. Because Senjougahara understands Araragi is going to help people in need she will continue to do whatever she can to support him in his quest. In this episode the only way she can help him to achieve his goal (which is to help Kanbaru) was to make amends with Kanbaru. Hence, the hug. There is another post by VCV that I completely agree with word for word which highlights why these two are suited for each other: the post. She will do what she can for Araragi without any second thoughts or doubts. Araragi understands it as well which is why, as one poster in the previous thread already pointed out to me, he lied to Senjogahara about how he got hurt in episode 6.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote