View Single Post
Old 2012-09-13, 09:59   Link #2451
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Is your head EVER out of the gutter?

I can't believe I'm saying this. I'm supposed to be the resident sicko.
The name means it is SUPPOSED to be a food PRESENTATION. It is a WORK OF ART. There is nothing wrong about it!

Think of the palette types that are available! Soft and smooth serving dishes can be used for mochi and desserts, brown ganguro types can be used to serve warm barbecue meat, and the endowment levels can be suited accordingly to the food portions, i.e the unendowed ones can be use to serve finger food where no utensils are actually needed.......

As compared to the regular food presentations of sushi on normal coloured plates, this would certainly look more appetising, no?

With regards to food presentation though, I find that Japanese food preparation processes seem to have this OCD about food tasting AND looking good at the same time. The last time I went to one, the sashimi was so slowly prepared; I went through an entire tray and it is still not refilled, the chef slowly slicing and putting the thing into place.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote