Thread: Licensed Strike Witches 2
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-01, 06:51   Link #63
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Hmmm...Got myself a copy of Dengeki Hobby Magazine, and was surprised to see an article on the Strike Witches anime in it. There's a display of the characters, pretty much the same character designs as first season, EXCEPT...

Slight costume changes for Charley and Minna. No explanation for it. Minna's costume change I can understand (it looks more like a proper uniform this time--possibly got promoted), but Charley's is...an odd choice. It's colored like a flight jacket (red-brown), but doesn't look all that different style-wise from her original costume.

I don't get it. Why trouble themselves with only two characters? Either keep the existing character designs, or change the lot of them, I can understand, but I don't see why they'd make such a fiddly change for no real benefit.

BTW: I don't have a scanner handy, but the DHM modelers did a pretty good job at detailing and panel-lining the Strikers of a Mobip Yoshika.

Because of that, I am now tempted to go crazy and do a repaint of Yoshika's Striker unit to model a late-war Mitsubishi Zero~~~nyoron
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote