View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 00:43   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll suggest Video Girl Ai, though it is now twenty years old. It has actual nudity and ecchiness, but it's also cute and tender. Another adaptation from the same manga-ka, DNA2, is a possibility, but I didn't like it as much as Video Girl Ai.

The Steel Angel Kurumi shows come from the early 2000s. They are action comedies about an android fighting machine. Kurumi is activated when kissed at which point she becomes the servant of the one who kissed her. In the original, she is kissed by a boy; in the sequel, by a girl.

Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai is from the same period as Kurumi, though it's a much more interesting show. A pair of middle-schoolers are magically whisked from one fantastical world to another, all of which are expressions of the boy's fantasies. The worlds are largely parodies of popular culture like role-playing games, Hong Kong fighting movies, and film noir. There are the usual array of panties, a lot of "boing," and some full-frontal nudity. Some of the parodies are quite funny; others miss the mark. There's also a back story about Abe no Seimei, a famous Japanese mystic from the 10th century.

There's less comedy and more action in Najica Blitz Tactics, but it might win the award for most panty shots per minute of any anime I've ever watched. Najica is a parfumier-cum-secret-agent who is assisted by an android who usually appears in various states of undress. Often they fight armies of young women and female androids all of whom are typically shot from ground level.

The recent Lupin III/Mine Fujiko series also has action, some drama and some comedy. It also has a heroine who rarely wears anything at all except the occasional g-string or other strategically-located item. it has more explicit nudity than any show I've seen in years, though it might be too serious to qualify for your request.

I didn't care much for Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt myself, but I'm surprised it has not already been mentioned.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-09-10 at 08:07.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote