View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 22:14   Link #16
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

The song that plays during the reconciliation is really really good. I don't think we've heard it before in the other arc resolutions. Anyone able to give me a name of the track? Edit: I think I found it. The song seems to be "Faraway"

I greatly approve of Haruka's decision at the end to not ask which of the twins is which father's child. Seriously, that was the best part of the episode. I was really troubled by that sub-plot, because any answer was just going to put unnecessary distance between her and Kanata, unless they went with the "You're both (either)'s daughters," which would have been a pathetic cop-out. Instead, she resolves that her closure comes from just knowing that people are fundamentally good inside. Thumbs way up for handling that so well.

Not sure how I feel that Kanata was really protecting Haruka all along. I thought the whole point of her talk with Riki about "saving" people indicated that she wanted to help Haruka, but it was impossible for her, and all she could do was try to protect herself from suffering the same fate. The revelation that she was protecting Haruka's life makes her seem almost too angelic. I'd almost have more sympathy for her if she were just trapped by her situation, and helpless to aid anyone but herself.

Spoiler for Random Kud speculah:

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2013-02-09 at 22:28.