Thread: Socialization
View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 08:17   Link #20
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
Are you sure its an instinct? I understand the point being human sexual instinct turning into a need but verbal communication regarding socialization is a different case in that communication could be controlled and is apparently non-related towards goals of reproduction. For example, I may socialize only for the sake of reproduction---a revealing need.

If all(entirely) needs are met automatically by the time a human is born, what is the importance of socialization? To reproduce? Reproduction can be achieved without socialization. hm..this leads me into questioning whether reproduction is truly instinctual. A human can choose to reproduce or not. By why do most humans do? Because of instincts? How does this actually work?
Maybe I didn't really explain myself correctly, sorry. Don't you think it is natural for a human to try interact with another human? Would you find it more natural for a human to interact with a tree? Humans will naturally congregate together. Like I said, there are things one person cannot do without the help of another. Additionally, there are things one person can do that the other can't. To be completely self-sufficient is virtually impossible. This is what has given birth to societies. People grouped together to form villages and eventually cities. For this reason people socilize. Humans need each other by the end of the day.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote