View Single Post
Old 2011-10-16, 03:47   Link #1089
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I wonder - is those one of those series were everyone has to pick one or the other, like Rei or Asuka? If so, put me down as a Sena supporter all the way. But as for Yozora - was she wearing panties at 13:22? Sure didn't look like it...
Yeah seems most of the fanbase is pro-Sena and that's just going to increase with the next episode.... just reading this thread since Episode 2 aired and it seems a lot of anime only viewers converted already.. more to come!

and god damn Yozora... da-da-da dat ass....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The official Haganai twitter has just mentioned that the Haganai novels have sold over 3.5 million copies total and the average sales per volume is second only to Haruhi.

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-3963.html

Can't wait to see what happens when the anime starts.
Man this really makes no sense to me... either Oricon is really fucking off or light novel companies work their figures just as much as video game companies. As you can see by last weeks light novel charts there's no way that Hagani has sold 3.5 million copies, at least according to Oricon. Let's say the first 6 volumes did 265k and that vol 7's total is 200k, that's still only 1.7 million copies which is less than half of what they're claiming to have sold....

Light Novels
*1, 35,636 157,186 Onimonogatari
*7, 13,083 138,851 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai vol.7 (the S.E with Yozora cover and OVA sold quite a bit as well)
*8, 12,492 *12,492 Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon vol.4 Part 2
12, *8,489 265,258 Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai vol.1

So Hagani Vol 1 sold another 8.5k after the first volume, wonder if it will pull a DRR, Baka Test, Bakemonogatari and Infinite Stratos and start to have multiple volumes doing near 10k for the next 10 weeks. Anyway going by these Oricon figures Hagani Vol 1 will probably get close to 400,000 copies sold after the anime effect is done, pretty damn top tier and I think more than any Index, DRR, Baka Test novel has done. Still 250k+ before the anime aired is fucking amazing... DRR and Baka Test couldn't even break 50k prior to an anime... than they went on to sell volumes with over 300k sold...

Also looking @ the anime preorders I think OreImo's sales would be the absolute ceiling for Hagani, I've read quite a bit of the manga and I feel the first two episodes are among some of the stronger material... though next episode is great too for Sena fans.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-10-16 at 08:13.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote