View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 23:14   Link #14
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Valkyria Chronicles - looked at it, but I typically don't like guns in my rpg's. I'm more of an old school swords and magic guy.

Nier - Well, let me just say that the last action RPG I played was Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (which I loved). I don't have a real inclination to play such games nowadays, as I prefer inputting commands and watching my strategy play out. Well, I also played Kingdom Hearts, but I feel that was a special case as well. I'm not sure I'd buy a game like that today. Which is odd, because I used to like the Zelda series, but now don't care to play the newer games. Perhaps because I fear I lack the finger dexterity I had in my youth, heh.

Previous games I've played and liked:
Final Fantasy 1 through 12 (liked 1 through 6 best)
Wild Arms 1, 2, and 3 (which will seem strange, given my statement about guns above; and while I liked 1 and 2 most, my enthusiasm for the series dropped with 3)
Lunar 1 and 2
Legend of Legaia 1 and 2
Saga Frontier 1 and 2
Grandia 1 and 2 (loved first one, felt the second was a step-down, which killed my interest in the series)
Valkyrie Profile (found it so-so)
Dragon Quest/Warrior 1 through 8 (8 was nearly the perfect RPG in my opinion)

I suppose I could amend my original suggestion to add PS2 RPG's, as upon further research, it appears I've missed a few. Ar Tonelico series being one, which I'll check out. And Tales of Grace F I'll most likely pick up when it comes out.