Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2014-01-17, 11:57   Link #1467
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Even that has been changing, albeit slowly. Having a gaming PC is keeping me from the PS4 and Xbox One simply because there really isn't that many games that won't also arrive on PC.
Japanese developers just don't work on PC, so it'll be a long time before a significant number of titles show up there. There are some titles moving to PC, but I doubt that it'll ever be a majority of titles. We can only hope that Trails in the Sky does well on Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
With regard to WiiU, assuming Steam Machines flop (from being overpromised/underdelivered if nothing else) WiiU may see a quick gain in popularity (as it already has); since it's the console with the most exclusives, smallest form factor, perfect for your kids, and most of the things you don't see on it are on your PC right now anyway. People have already hacked the controller as far as I can tell. Right now the best move nintendo could make is to just open the entire thing up and offer a extra device to allow it to communicate to your PC (it wouldn't go against their policy of "we are also a hardware manufacturer so F U").
There is almost no overlap between potential Steam box buyers and wii U buyers. Based on the price points and potential game libraries, Steam boxes are (mostly) designed to be an alternative for people looking at getting a PS4 or Xbone.

The Wii U itself is dead. Nintendo's latest earnings tell us what terrible shape it's in, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo were to scale back their plans for the platform. All of the currently announced games for the platform should still come out, but the fate of any unannounced games is very uncertain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
XB1 is the best selling home console for December in the US. I think that has to be expected seeing the supply they did last month.
Microsoft has flooded the U.S. market with Xbone supply at the expense of other territories. What this means is that 1. the demand in other territories is much softer, and 2. that Xbone demand in the U.S. will be met much sooner than PS4 demand. The December NPD indicates that Xbone supply hasn't quite hit demand while PS4 supply is far short of demand. currently, American reports have shown that Xbone stock is starting to pile up at retailers.

The January NPD is going to be the interesting one as it'll tell us whether this is still the case or not. If PS4 supply is still far from meeting demand, then Microsoft is going to lose their strongest territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
About 80% or so accurate.

There's games missing from both sides of the camp, like Witcher 2 & Splinter Cell for X360, but it's there.
Both these games are on PC, so they wouldn't show up on the chart.