Thread: Licensed Sukitte Ii na yo
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-08, 11:37   Link #80
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I liked the series , looking forward how they will adapt with the Manga. Well each chapter has 50 pages so I am guessing they will at least have 12 chapters animated. I felt weird reading the Manga though because it is one of the few Shoujo I enjoyed reading. So it was new to me since most Shoujo have similar situations and problems with lack of execution on them.
This series seems more natural and slow paced compared to the other Shoujo's I've read. Especially since the characters themselves feel more "real" and "straightforward" in their way right regarding their personalities and views on life etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
mmm, even if probably I'd choose this one over Tonari (if I had to choose, I don't like comedy usually) it's true that this first episode showed a pretty generic premise. But the way it was portrayed was really really good, as already said, the episode overcame its own apparent limits Yes, the boy sudden interest felt a bit forced/sudden to me, but anyways it's ok.
What I don't like, but it's not Sukitte problem, is this recurrent need to stole the kiss so early in the story, but I guess is a sort of distinctive trait of this genre, sort of, so I have to bear with it
Well since we've covered the first chapter of the manga, the kiss was to show off Mei receiving her "first" something during her years of lack of social interactions. It'll makes things for her a little more complex since her first kiss was taken by the most popular guy while she's just ordinary, but quite mature and cynical for her age. It's surely a gateway to introduce the romantic development between her and Yamato in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
From the moment they showed the man in the bakery, I knew he'd be bad news, judging by the way he looked at her. I also expected Kurosawa to proclaim himself as being her boyfriend, though I didn't expect him to give her a full kiss on the lips. Now we'll see how she reacts to that, and whether or not she'll open up to him (and possibly others) more now.
The kiss will surely open up worlds for her considering that the most popular and good looking guy kissed a plain mature girl like her. It's definitely a sure way to start a romantic development between the two characters, and how that'll affect the people around them.