View Single Post
Old 2018-02-17, 02:40   Link #12
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Glad for belonging to and supporting an organization that is the main reason that America cannot pass stricter gun control laws?

It is very sad that this is already the third school shooting in the USA that resulted in a student injuring or killing others according to snopes yet senators like Rubio go on air the same day stating that "this is not the time to discuss stricter laws" and that it is "not fair to blame lawmakers" for this situation.
I would agree with Leftists about restricting the ability of the mentally ill to purchase or possess firearms, and I am fine with background checks. Hell I think we need to bring back Mental Wards(one of many things I think Reagan did wrong). Beyond that, I'm fine with private citizens owning everything the military has access to in terms of personal arms, as they did during the revolutionary war, civil war, and first world war and beyond(they even had access to cannons and warships back then as well).

The tools are not the problem. My Ar-15, and those owned by my friends and family have never hurt anyone. And in our hands, they'll never hurt anyone, save for those who try and bring harm to us.

There's also this pesky little thing called the 2nd Amendment. The only Amendment with the words 'shall not be infringed', in it. If you want to change it, you'll have to bring another Amendment in to modify it, or eliminate it. And that isn't going to happen.

The warning signs were everywhere on this teenager being a danger to everyone. Yet not one thing was done to stop him. No feel good law is going to stop someone from doing something evil.

So rant and rave all you want, but you offer no real solutions to a problem that has only truly come about in the last several decades.