View Single Post
Old 2014-08-05, 08:41   Link #17
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
So ok, HUGE fan of this manga. Approaching anime with some trepidation.

It's NOT just some ecchi bullshit (not saying anyone said that but), so you can't have someone who normally does that shit work on it. The Ecchi is THERE but it doesn't DOMINATE the proceedings like your Ikki tousen or such nonsense.

It is a deadpan suspenseful COMEDY THRILLER.

That's incredibly important because of the balance of the two.

The suspense is actually SUSPENSEFUL and the characters show surprising dimensions and im some cases growth. They need a director who can basically play it straight for the most part.

Key here is DEADPAN humor for the most part, I'm trying to think of something that approaches it. Like Kohta Hirano if he's not hopped up on whatever the shit he's on. Or like Rei Hiroe's black lagoon in it's more laid back moments (few and far in between I know).

Akira Hirakawa's art is masterful but meh as much as I am an animation nazi, I know it's really a toss up. So if you can't get an A-List artists studio like BONES, A-1 or Manglobe (god Manglobe animation on this would make me wet), you AT LEAST need a fucking awesome director who can handle the incredibly distinct personality of the story.

Somebody like Shinbo (minus garish color design) or maybe Tetsuro Araki (if he can get wit da humor).

Long story short, gotta have a real great director cause this AINT your average ordinary comedy by a LONG SHOT.
Its not? last time i had a look at this it was all about the ecchi scenes and bdsm etc etc
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote