View Single Post
Old 2008-09-05, 19:31   Link #286
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Well, I'd prefer for Sheryl to be cured and Alto stays by her side. Just because that would prove to Ranka fans beyond doubt that he chose Sheryl over Ranka. If they continue it as it is and Alto does pick Sheryl but she doesn't get cured there will be fights until the end of the world over whether Alto picked her over pity or because he truly loves her. I want a definitive ending where there can be no doubts or arguments over who the real final pairing is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx626 View Post
Just finished watching it raw. Finallly, sheryl counter. Like others have expressed Ranka still has a shot at Alto, but it woudn't be the best pairing if they went that route. Just going to enjoy the ride while it last.
For the same reasons, I also want Alto and Sheryl to end together as a couple AND with good health. I would personally hate getting into such argument about pity vs. true love if Sheryl is not cured.

As I repeat again: I hate when things (whatever they are) are going down to the wire. That's why I was expecting this episode to confirm Alto x Sheryl at 100% and kill all hopes for Ranka fans: I wanted that stunning hit of a scene to put Ranka's chances at NIL. In my book, such moment with such result should have been mandatory before anybody can focus for the final battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Oh, by the way, just a note:

Macross main pairings never confess to each other with words like "I love you" or something similar. The closest thing they will ever do is 1. through action (ie. kiss) 2. or say stuff like "I will stay by your side" "I have decided to be with you"... etc.

- Tak
Why would they do that? I wonder sometimes why it's so tough to go straight to the point, give a clear conclusion with the 3 words and close down all doors to all other possibilities.