Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 23:18   Link #3327
Top Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think there are three problems that have undermined Miho leading her team.

One is that she lacks command presence.She lacks the force of personalty to control her team naturally. That is why Momo was able to take over at the start of their first match even though she is an idiot.

Another is that she lacks the will to enforce discipline on her team mates.And before someone starts talking about how this is just a game let me just point out that you would never see that kind of half-assed running around with any high school football,baseball, or basketball team and they are all games.

If you put her two first faults together you can see that they make it very hard for her to be any kind of effective leader.

Her last problem is the she is only a so-so strategist .All of her prematch plans that we have seen have been very basic and uninspired.

But she also has her strengths.She can lead from example and she is good at forming bonds with her teammates.And most importantly she is a great tactician.All of their wins have come from her ability to react to the fast changing tides of battle and chart out a way through them.

I think that she is more suited to being a second in command.She could be the mother figure for a more stern and imposing leader while keeping up team morale.And I think she would really shine at front line of battle carrying out her orders in her own way while having her commander in the back looking at the big picture.
I agree with most of your points, and not that I disagree with the rest, I just take them one step further:

-Miho is displaying traits of a young officer, and a good one at that. All the shortcomings, which you identified, I can already see the beginings of her overcoming them. Her epiphany of sensha-do being enjoyable is continuing to broaden, and as it does her confidence grows. Her chief motivation is for the success of her comrades, and of them as a group, not for her own reputation or her own advancement. This is a root tenet we look for in young leaders, and try our best to nurture.

She has displayed the technical and tactical proficiency she needs, and an ability to rapidly assess a situation and issue effective orders. What she must overcome is the idea that she is inadequate, a failure, and possibly a coward, all things she apparently was branded with before she transferred to Ooarai. When these things come from (as I think they did) her own Mother, as well as her classmates, and possibly her older sister, they can really take hold of a person, and cripple them.

I see her developing quite well in her new school, and I think able to develope more than she might have been able to at Black Forest Peak. I'd be perfectly fine with her as an officer in my unit.
Top Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote