Old 2008-09-24, 14:36   Link #502
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

A quickie.

~*~

"Natsu, what's wrong?"

No reply...

The look on his face told her that something had upset him enough to make him seek her out. She put down her book and almost immediately Natsu sat down beside her, his hands folded together.

"Today.... it was today."

Today... Ezra quickly thought about today's date ... and understanding dawned in her eyes. That's why he was like this... "Natsu..."

"I know it's been a while since ... that time." Natsu's knuckles turned white with the grip he was putting on himself. "Still..." He blinked as his head was forced down into Ezra's lap of all places. "E-Ezra!?"

"Ssssh," she cooed, running her fingers through his hair. "I understand." When Natsu didn't show signs of resisting her, she continued. "I remember the first time I did this...it was on this day too, wasn't it..."

"Yeah..." Natsu felt himself relaxing, the nostalgic feeling welling up within him as well. "I was crying then too."

"Yes, it took a while but you finally went to sleep on my lap." She smiled as Natsu turned his head to look up at her. "I told you then too - my lap is for you whenver you feel tired or sad."

Natsu's eyes slowly closed as Ezra began to hum some obscure song, her fingers continuing to run through his hair. "Thanks, Ezra."

~*~
'Today' = anniversery of the day that Ingeel disappeared
~*~

Yeah, felt I wanted to write something other than Claymore that wasn't going to take days to go through. lol