View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 23:51   Link #80
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
Remi's death was the most pointless death in all of Gundam.....probably more pointless then Flay's death during Seed.
I can agree with Remi's death, but I would have to disagree regarding Flay's death. While I would've liked her to survive, I can't deny that her death at least has its purpose, both in the short and in the long run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I see is it obeying two almost universal rules of Gundam. 1 is that nobody is ever allowed to be happy or content and the other is that whatever is the most bitter and sobering way in which to handle a character death situation is almost always the one they go with. That's now two people that essentially never did anything to hurt anybody getting pretty brutally killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in this show....
Yeah, but sometimes (to use atilim's word) it just seems so pointless, at least on the surface.

I'll have to see what happens to Obright to fully judge the affect of Remi's death. But as of this episode, I can only look at it as simply having death for death's sake.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote