View Single Post
Old 2012-08-27, 12:33   Link #30203
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It's also possible it just always was white and only appeared red for the stories, although then you run into the question of "Why was it like that in the stories, then?" I'd say it's to distinguish his appearance from Kyrie and Ange, but um... Ange's hair is red too. And we never see what Asumu's hair looked like really. And the stories themselves contain no such descriptions of hair colors.

So what's up with that?
Symbolism, perhaps? I posted before that the children's hair resembled their parents (except Maria, but his father is unknown). So, to mark relations, we have code-hair. Then Battler's red hair sthealtly points towards a blood realtion with Ange. White haired Kyrie --> Sumaderas, Kinzo is probably stress related same as Tohya...

Maybe Battler's red hair was to not make that early the question about his real mother (If Kyrie was a redhead and Battler too, someone would raise the point sooner than the ep where it's layed).

And because, you know, hot-blooded protagonists gotta have red hair. White hair is best for the cool/cold type... or the mentally unstable ones.

But maybe I'm overthinking it.

Last edited by Patchwork Chimera; 2012-08-27 at 13:14.
Patchwork Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote