View Single Post
Old 2008-06-08, 13:21   Link #29
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I think you're underestimating how much of a role Ranka already plays in why Alto flies and, perhaps more importantly, *fights*.
Ranka has played no role in why he flies, fights yes flies no.

Quote:
IMO, Alto doesn't just fly for the sake of flying--I think Sheryl sings for the sake of singing, or rather, for the sake of excelling at her chosen profession. I think Alto does genuinely enjoy flying for similar reasons, but in ep. 3, Ozma tells Alto to think on "What you want to do, what for, and why you fight."
You're switching the topic from flying to fighting even though they obviously overlap considering he's flying when he fights. Alto's love for flying comes across to me as similar to Isamu Dyson from Macross Plus, though I think he's safe from having one of Ranka and Sheryl doing a Myung and spurning him because they might think he loves flying more than them...

Alto and Sheryl fly and sing because they just do, Ranka sings to be heard and I think Alto would go gar for anyone he considers a friend, see his reaction to Luca being taken in episode 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
and now in Macross F, we have what appear to be TWO triangles going. Makes you wonder whether we'll see any development on the secondary front there.
I do wonder if we will and I'm hoping we do. I'm curious to see whether will get any information about the previous relationship between Cathy and Ozma or will we just have to read in between the lines. Considering how Cathy commented on how she wished he worried about her as much as he did Ranka I wonder if it was sorta similar to Isamu and Myung, just without Guld. The you love flying more than you love me thing.