View Single Post
Old 2011-11-12, 17:11   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
i like DBZ a LOT but for me gundam is all about being a lot more realistic^^ and while i know about newtypes, psychoframe technology and minovsky physics, this particular scene still struck me as not all that realistic, it was just pusing it a little in my opinion. but at least they do have a foundation for it so im cool with it now.

and i dont have a problem with admitting not to know about a certain fact. i simply didnt have the time to watch Z and ZZ yet :P and when it comes to knowledge about the gundam franchise it is VERY hard to know everything, anyway^^

edit:

Spoiler for ep4:
It's "real" within a science fiction/futuristic type of setting actually. Gundam has always been about as realistic as a Star Trek series so I still don't know where people got this idea of it being this hardcore ultra realistic show when it's clearly always been a sci-fi series that's real in that it has established documentation as to how it's fictional technology is supposed to work with actual scientific theory being applied, again kind of like Star Trek. You can read about UC Gundam's "realism" on that Minovsky Physics page I linked.

Real Robot doesn't actually mean what many people seem to think it means nowadays. The term is about as far from it's original definition now thanks to the internet as "slice of life" is.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote