View Single Post
Old 2006-10-12, 16:58   Link #120
Vulcannis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai View Post
The effect is about lack of attraction, so really, it can't say anything about Hiro's developing feelings. Rion wrote before that the Westermarck effect is not especially widespread. This is true w/o a doubt. Few adults are encouraged to marry those w/ whom they grew up; this was the case w/ the kibbutzniks, which is why the effect was first observed in them.
Yah I guess I didn't really explain what I was thinking very well there... basically what I was getting at is that whatever reason (Westermarck or whatever) that kept them from developing a romantic relationship before has most likely been negated/weakened by Karada changing age. The person he associated with as a sister is now gone, replaced by someone closer to his own age, etc.. They could develop romantic feelings now for pretty much the same reason shown in Koi Kaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisuruMirai View Post
I seriously hope it doesn't become like Koi Kaze, at least in terms of content. & no love triangles, please.
Well, I don't think it would be bad if it did but I would rather see something different. Koi Kaze told a good story, we don't need to see it retold here (and probably not as well.) I don't have much hope though... I think the lure of a plain old angsty triangle drama with some supernatural incest thrown in is just too much for the writers.
Vulcannis is offline   Reply With Quote