View Single Post
Old 2018-06-09, 10:21   Link #57
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's just a key visual, the director said he was going to follow only the LN contents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think it's mostly just the Railgun filler that people are butthurt about which as far as I'm concerned has always been a bit harsh. Yeah, the fillers weren't that great but they weren't really that bad either and I wonder if the people complaining about the filler have ever had to put up with the crap they used to give us with Bleach and Naruto. And his direction with the actual canon stories was always top notch and heavily under-appreciated. Those arcs were extraordinarily well done. At times, I thought they were phenomenal and even above anything I'd seen in Index. At the end of the day, the decision to do fillers are something which may or may not have even been in his control and are almost always done because they are considered to be the least worst option. And fillers for an ongoing series are almost always destined for failure. Either they're a pointless waste of time because they aim to achieve nothing substantial or they aim to achieve something substantial and thus break with the canon.

And outside of Railgun he's not had problems. He directed Ano Hana (great) , Ano Natsu (great), Anthem of the Heart (great) and Gundam IBO (okayish imo though its quite popular). His pedigree as a director is undeniable. And episode directing isn't the best indicator for the record: Especially if you're hating on an episode due to the writing which is established before an episode director does their bit.
Uhhh, if you knew the manga you would know the anime basically whitewashed Misaka of her character flaws on the manga, making her like a pure moral icon which she isn't.

And it's pointless, the staff is the one with Nishikiori.