View Single Post
Old 2012-04-16, 05:12   Link #82
Zuul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleRylan View Post
'screw destiny' is one of the most common themes in fiction, but I don't quite get where they're going with it in this show. This is a show that is all about destiny; it's basically the whole point of the franchise (alongside robots and fanservice).

On top of that, unlike most screw destiny plots, this is a destiny that most of the hardcore fans WANT to happen, concerning characters that most fans liked. Heck, they even gave it a romantic montage in this episode. It seems weird to use a happy montage to show a romance/past/destiny that your protagonist hates and is denying him happiness. It also seems very weird to use the sequel of a show to crap all over the first show's primary romance.

Because of that, I'm going to assume that we're being trolled and at this stage nearly everything we're seeing is a red herring. The most likely example of this is that despite all of the signs to the contrary, I'm guessing Amata is Apollo. I honestly would prefer he end up with Zessica, but they've just given it so little development. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

This is the guy who ended up going with Lisa/Misa over Minmay after all.

P.S. I haven't posted here in forever, and I'm unsure of spoiler guidelines here. I don't believe I spoiled much of anything, but if I did break the rules, feel free to inform me.

They show heartwarming flashback of the lovers promises and then we're supposed to root for Amata for going against this.

There is something quite wrong there.

Also now Amata is stalking Mikono. WTF. AmataxMikono is looking worse and worse as the story progresses.