View Single Post
Old 2008-08-23, 12:49   Link #209
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Well, Isshin knows about the Vaizards.
But he does not know all the facts. His talk with Urahara has him spouting the SS version of the events that make it sound like they were the ones who willingly did the expairiments that made them Vizzards. He also claims that both Urahara and he have been looking for thier base, which looks more then a little like Urahara's training grounds, and that he has first hand experiance with Azein's proto arancar for over decades and seems to show a knowlage of them on par with Urahara, since he is able to more or less give a full and acurate report just from a 2 min fight with GF. Urahara also seems to treat him as a equal or perhaps a someone of higher status then he himself is.

Quote:
? I'd be really appreciative if you could post up the pages where it's said that the Hogyoku would fuse with the human soul after any amount of time. The Hogyoku was merged in her soul I believe. Which left two techniques to take it out. One of which was devised by Urahara. If it was the case with Isshin, Urahara certainly had the means to take it out.

I know the process is fast, but whether there is no reverting back from it begs the question: Rukia recovered fairly quickly from her days carrying the Hogyoku.
Go read 175 page 14-16 and 176 14-20. It's pretty clearly stated that Rukia had the Hogyoku bound in her soul before she left SS and his plan was to have Rukia's soul fuse with the gigai so that the Hogyoku would be lost for all time. Again the Hogyoku had nothing to do with her powers being drained that was caused by the gigai she was in.

Quote:
Huh, yes, are you... what? Weren't you trying to disprove my theory? If it makes sense, I don't see why having Isshin keep the Hogyoku would be a bad theory. The fact that he lost his wife suggests that his powers were... probably gone. He said he "failed" rescuing her, not that he wasn't there for her. It makes a degree of sense to me that Urahara would not hide the Hogyoku in Soul Society when he knew that Aizen and co. would be looking for information on why he knew about hollowfication. It would have been pretty irresponsible of Urahara to leave the Hogyoku behind, and just as irresponsible to keep it with him.

Isshin may not have been an official, or might have not become a renegade. He could have been a shinigami lost in the sands of time, as you suggest, and was therefore ideal for Urahara.
If it was in Isshin as your theory states then there is no reason to move it to Rukia Isshin seems to be an unkown to SS and is all ready liveing as a human. All moveing it to Rukia would do is give Azein a huge sign saying here I am.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.